SALVATION IN THE QUR'AN
Obedience to God's injunctions and commandments is the sole condition for being favored by Him. Nevertheless, there are ranks, namely satisfactory, favorable and excellent.
« Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. »(Surah 5/69)
Whoever testifies that God is One, that there is no god but God, and that there will be a Judgment Day will be among those saved; to which should be added the condition that he should perform commendable deeds for humanity. Regardless of the race, color, sex and religion, those who believe in God, in an afterlife, and do commendable deeds will be saved.
« O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper. »(Surah 22/77)
« O ye who believe! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means of approach unto Him, and strive with might and main in his cause: that ye may prosper.» (Surah 5/35)
Prayer five times a day; performance of good deeds, dread of God, vie with each other to do commendable actions in the sight of God and abiding by the divine laws will be rewarded by God's grace.
« But Allah will deliver the righteous to their place of salvation: no evil shall touch them, nor shall they grieve. »(Surah 39/61)
« But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!» (Surah 7/26)
Pious people are those favored by God. The paradise is for them. Those who guard against evil and praise God are the chosen people to enter in the Garden Those who believe and (constantly) guard against evil (Surah 10/63) Piety requires self-discipline. To fight such impulses innate in us as to tell lies, to vent one's wrath to people, to boast, to fornicate and to indulge in licentious acts will contribute man's mastery over himself. This will enable him in due time to get rid of all evil deeds that man is liable to perform. Thus man will attain the summit of human maturity and be a candidate for paradise. There are ten conditions that make a man pious.
« 1) Generosity and love Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;- »(Surah 3/134)
« They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knoweth well those that do right. »(Surah 3/114,115).
« Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions. »(Surah 16/97)
« Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard, And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.» (Surah 94/7,8)
« To love what God has created: Ah! ye are those who love them, but they love you not,- though ye believe in the whole of the Book. »(Surah 3/119)
The greatest characteristic of the pious is being replete with love of God. The pious love the entire creation without discriminating between any of God's creatures. The famous Turkish mystic poet Yunus Emre said: “I love the created, for I love the Creator.”
2) Performance of the ritual prayer. ; « …to be steadfast in prayer…» (Surah 2/177)
3) Alms giving « …. practice regular charity…»(Surah 2/177)
4) Forgiving « who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;- And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except Allah.- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.» (Surah 3/134,135)
5) Forbearance « to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. (Surah 2/177) But follow that which comes to thee by inspiration from thy Lord: for Allah is well acquainted with (all) that ye do. And put thy trust in Allah, and enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs. »(Surah 33/2-3)
6) Fasting « O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint,-» (Surah 2/183) In addition to restraint one purifies one's soul and empathizes with the poor.
7) Beneficence « As to the Righteous, they will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs, Taking joy in the things which their Lord gives them, because, before then, they lived a good life.» (Surah 51/15,16)
8) Fulfillment of promises « … to fulfil the contracts which ye have made…» (Surah 2/177)
9) Justice and Honesty« O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.» (Surah 5/8)
10) Knowledge …« Those truly fear Allah, among His Servants, who have knowledge:…» (Surah 35/28)
« O ye who believe! When ye are told to make room in the assemblies, (spread out and) make room: (ample) room will Allah provide for you. And when ye are told to rise up, rise up Allah will rise up, to (suitable) ranks (and degrees), those of you who believe and who have been granted (mystic) Knowledge. And Allah is well- acquainted with all ye do. »(Surah 58/11)
The knowledgeable is the person well acquainted both with the divine laws and secular laws.
THE CHOSEN TO ENTER THE GARDEN
The Jews and the Christians claim that they are the only people to enter the Garden.
« And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."» (Surah 2/111)
« Both the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"» (Surah 5/18)
« They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)…" »(Surah 2/135)
The Qur'an states to resign, without any discrimination or reservation. « Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."» (Surah 2/136)
Man and woman who perform good deeds will enter the Garden while the evil doers will be punished. .« Not your desires, nor those of the People of the Book (can prevail): whoever works evil, will be requited accordingly. Nor will he find, besides Allah, any protector or helper. If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them. »(Surah 4/123-124)